Installation Instructions for cPanel 11 Oct 16, 2018
This document provides installation instructions for cPanel 11. If you are not able to perform these steps on your server, Symantec recommends that you contact the server vendor or the organization, which supports cPanel.
Step 1: Download the Symantec Intermediate CA certificate
- Download the Intermediate CA certificate from this link
Select the appropriate Intermediate CA certificate for your SSL Certificate type.
- Copy the Intermediate CA certificate and paste it on a Notepad.
- Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white spaces, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
- Save the file as Intermediate.txt
Step 2: Download your SSL Certificate
- Copy and paste the certificate into a text file (save as public.crt or public.txt) using Vi or Notepad.
Do not use Microsoft Word or other word processing programs that may add characters.
The text file should look like:
Make sure there are 5 dashes to either side of the BEGIN CERTIFICATE and END CERTIFICATE and that no white space, extra line breaks or additional characters have been inadvertently added.
Step 3: Install your SSL Certificate
- Login to cPanel
- Under Security click on the SSL/TLS Manager icon
Step 4: Install your SSL Certificate
- Click on Manage SSL site
2.Select the domain name for which you want to install the SSL certificate
- Certificate (CRT) will be you main/server certificate. Open the certificate via notepad and copy the whole content and paste it inside the 1st box
- 4. Private will be inside the Private Keys (KEY) option or it will be inside the same file below CSR
-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----
-----END PRIVATE KEY-----
- Enter the Certificate chain file under the CA bundle
- Click on Install Certificate.
- The certificate is now added to the server and assigned to the domain.
The propagation takes some time after certificate upload. Hence you might expect a bit delay to see the new certificate on the website.