Error:-User certificate installation failed Oracle Wallet Manager Feb 3, 2017
When trying to install an SSL certificate with Oracle wallet manager, you receive the following error:
The following issues can cause this error:
- The wallet is missing the correct root certificate
- The wallet is missing the correct intermediate certificate
- There is no matching certificate request found
- The SSL certificate was signed using the SHA2 (SHA-256) Signature Algorithm
- Troubleshooting a missing Root or Intermediate CA:
Troubleshooting a Certificate Mismatch:
- To resolve this issue, download and install the Root and Intermediate Certificate Authority (CA) Certificate.
- If the correct Root and Intermediate CA have been imported and the error continues, more than likely the issue is due to a certificate request mis-match.
- In order to resolve this, the correct certificate request must be located to install the corresponding certificate.
NOTE: If this is not possible, a new Wallet should be created along with a new Certificate Signing Request.
Troubleshooting an SSL Certificate signed using the SHA2 (SHA-256) Signature Algorithm
Oracle Wallet Manager 10.x.x.x does not support SSL certificates signed with a SHA2 Signature Algorithm. In order to support SHA2 certificates, you will need to upgrade to Oracle Wallet Manager 220.127.116.11.