I am not sure what should I input in CSR details Apr 20, 2023
A CSR, or Certificate Signing Request, is a file containing information about your organization and domain name that is used to generate a SSL/TLS certificate. To generate a CSR, you will need to provide certain details about your organization and domain.
Typically, the following information is required to generate a CSR:
- Common Name: The fully qualified domain name (FQDN) for which the certificate will be used (e.g. www.example.com)
- Organization: The legal name of your organization
- Organization Unit: The department within your organization that is requesting the certificate (e.g., IT, Security, Marketing)
- City/Locality: The city where your organization is located
- State/Province: The state or province where your organization is located
- Country: The two-letter ISO code for the country where your organization is located
In addition to the above information, you may also be required to provide a contact email address and/or phone number for your organization, as well as a public key for the certificate.
Once you have collected all the required information, you can use it to generate a CSR using tools such as CSR Generator.