CSR generation on Juniper Secure Access VPN Jan 6, 2023
CSR generation on Juniper Secure Access VPN
Step 1: Generating your CSR:
- In the admin console, choose System > Configuration > Certificates > Device Certificates.
- Click New CSR.
- Under New Certificate Signing Request specify the required information:
Select 2048-bit.Click Create CSR.
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name, or URL, you’re securing. for example “www.domain.com”. If you are requesting a Wildcard certificate, add an asterisk (*) to the left of the common name where you want the wildcard, for example *.domain.com.
- Organization Name: If the company or department has an &, @, or any other symbol using the shift key in its name, the symbol must be spelled out or omitted, in order to enroll. Example: XY & Z Corporation would be XYZ Corporation or XY and Z Corporation.
- Organizational Unit: The Organizational Unit (OU) field is the name of the department or organization unit making the request. To skip the OU field, press Enter on the keyboard.
- Locality or City: The Locality field is the city or town name, for example: Boston. Do not abbreviate. For example: Saint Louis, not St. Louis
- State or Province: Spell out the state completely; do not abbreviate the state or province name, for example: Massachusetts
- Country Name: Use the two-letter code without punctuation for country, for example: US or CA.
- On the next page you will see that your CSR request has been created. Under Step 1 copy and paste its entire contents into the CA enrollment portal when prompted.