How do I Create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) Using the AppDirector Web Management Interface? Apr 20, 2023
The following steps will guide you through the process of creating a CSR using the F5 BIG-IP web management interface version 11.x:
- Log in to the AppDirector web management interface by entering the IP address of the device in a web browser.
- Click on the Configuration tab and then click on the Certificates option.
- Click on the Create button to open the "Create a new certificate" wizard.
- Select "Create a new certificate request" and click Next.
- Enter the information for your organization, including the common name (CN), organization (O), and organizational unit (OU).
- Select the key size for your certificate (2048-bit is recommended) and click Next.
- Enter the name of the file where you want to save the CSR, then click Next.
- Review the information you've entered, then click Finish.
- The CSR will be saved to the location you specified in step 7. You can now submit this CSR to your certificate authority (CA) to obtain a signed certificate.
- Once you have received the signed certificate from the CA, return to the AppDirector web management interface and click on the Certificates option.
- Click on the Import button, then select the signed certificate file you received from the CA.
- Follow the prompts to complete the import process, and your server will be configured to use the new certificate.
- Restart your AppDirector to ensure the changes take effect.
- Verify the status of the certificate by clicking on the Certificates option in the Configuration tab and checking the details of the imported certificate.